Stem cells, or master cells, are a vital part of the body’s internal repair system. Stem cells have the unique ability to morph into virtually any other type of cell in the body. This includes cartilage, muscle, ligaments, bones, blood and other organs, including lung, liver, heart, and pancreas, among others. That’s where stem cell treatment comes in. Stem cell treatment, also sometimes referred to as bone marrow aspiration helps improve soft tissue and bone healing, in addition to improving pain symptoms from injuries, arthritis, and tendonitis.
At Collaborative Healthcare, we use Marrow CellutionTM a special tool that will provide a high concentration of stem cells, platelets and growth factors to speed recovery.
Our Body and Stem Cells
Part of our body’s aging process is the loss of these stem cells. Also, this is a large part of the reason that we do not heal as well as we age. Stem Cell Treatment is a way to supplement the naturally occurring stem cells in the body, giving us back some of our youthful ability to heal quickly. What’s more, modern treatment methods actually enhance the natural ability of stem cells, because regenerative medicine can concentrate a higher amount of these special cells directly at the site of an injury.
Potential Benefits of Stem Cells
There are many musculoskeletal conditions that have been successfully treated through regenerative stem cells, including the following:
- General pain and inflammation relief
- Arthritis in the lower back, neck, knees, shoulders, and hips
- Arthritis in small joints including ankles, elbows and wrists
- Regenerating and repairing muscle and bone in the joints and in the spine
- Regenerating fluid between joints that protect joints from further injuries
- Stimulating the development and growth of cartilage
Does Stem Cell Treatment Really Work?
Stem cell treatment is still on the cutting edge of medical technology, and many people have yet to recognize its benefits. However, this regenerative procedure has already proven itself as a viable option for people who may have no other treatment plan available. Furthermore, there are currently over 50 million adults with a medically dosed case of arthritis, representing almost 20% of the population. This number will rise to around 67 million within the next 15 years. In addition, stem cell regenerative treatment has the ability to reduce this number substantially, keeping our workforce healthy and efficient.
Stem cell treatment has also proven itself as a much more cost effective option than traditional arthritic pain treatments. Pain pills, exercise-based therapies, bracing and Nsaids provide minimal relief with outsized risk. Moreover, these treatments only address the immediate symptoms of arthritis, not the main cause. The only other option these people have is surgery – and even more high-risk procedure that requires anesthesia, more pharmaceuticals, long recovery times and rehabilitation.
Issues Treated with Stem Cells
- Knee: Osteoarthritis, Tendon Injuries, Ligament sprains or tears, Chondromalacia Patella and Meniscus Tears
- Hip: Osteoarthritis, Iliotibial Band Syndrome, Hip Labrum Tears, Greater Trochanteric Bursitis, Piriformis Syndrome and SI Joint Dysfunction
- Shoulder: Osteoarthritis, Bicipital Tendinitis, Labrum Tears and Rotator Cuff Tendinitis, Tendinopathy or Partial Tears.
- Elbow: Golfer’s Elbow and Tennis Elbow.
- Wrist/Hand: Osteoarthritis and De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis.
- Ankle/Foot: Ankle sprains, Plantar Fasciitis, ligament injuries and Achilles Tendinitis or partial tears.
- Spine: Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction, Facet Joint Arthropathy
Schedule a Free Consultation
Stem Cells – Safe and Effective
Instead of going through the arduous process of surgery, consider stem cell treatments with the dedicated experts at Collaborative Healthcare. Give us a call today. We offer payment plan options and will be happy to answer any and all questions you have about stem cell treatments and how they can help you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most patients will feel an improvement after 2-3 weeks with continuing improvement up to 6 months.
While there are many clinical studies nationally recognized in medical journals, most insurance companies do not cover stem cell treatment at this time. However, feel free to contact us to see what the best option is for you!
Stem cell treatment is a cost-effective solution compared to surgery. Also, the recovery time is quick and you can go back to doing things you love approximately two weeks. Last but not least, the treatment itself is quick and efficient!
Stem cell treatment uses a patient’s own stem cells as an alternative to surgery to treat or prevent a disease or condition.
While using a local anesthetic to reduce pain, the patient’s stem cells are extracted from their hip bone’s blood marrow with a specialized device, Marrow Cellution™. The collected bone marrow will then be injected into the targeted body area being treated.